Monday 18 March 2013

Easter Egg-Stravaganza

Last Saturday I enjoyed a super day demonstrating at Card-io in Wigan and the day was themed with lots of fun and ideas for Easter decorations, cards and gifts. 
Here's an acetate card featuring Wendy's favourite rabbit stamp from her Easter range.
It was lovely to see everyone especially Tilly (WOYWW) pictured here... 
Me, Wendy, and Tilly 
Tilly only intended to pop in for a quick visit and ended up staying all afternoon with her friend Sue.
I made lots of mini baskets and containers to hold mini chocolate eggs.
some were made from the background techniques that I demonstrated and some made from printed papers.
These cones will hold mini eggs or the larger Cream Eggs

All the little offcuts of decorated background papers were handy to punch or die cut co-ordinating flowers just like these on the cone below.
As I made the items I gave them to the customers with a few mini eggs inside and I was so thrilled to have over £53 pounds donated to help CHICS (cancer support group). Everyone was so lovely and friendly and really seemed to enjoy themselves. 
A big thanks so much to all who came and made it a such a super day.

There are quite a few more items from my samples from the day to post over the next few days so please call in again so you don't miss any ideas.

12 comments:

Robin said...

Loved seeing all the pretty green plants behind your beautiful Easter creations. I love making little boxes and bags, containers to put a little bit of candy into. beautiful Job!

Helen said...

Well done on the fund raising! The egg baskets are so pretty!

Angie said...

These are such fun ...on a beautiful dry Easter morning they would look so much fun hanging on bushes. Glad you had such a fun time. xx

Redanne said...

Wow Jo, what an amazing lot of beautiful creations! Well done for making so many and for raising money for CHICS too - you really are a star! Hugs, Anne x

Annie said...

What a fab show and tell Jo. I bet you had a wonderful day and well done you with the money raised.
Hugs,
A x

tilly said...

well done Jo on the amount raised, we enjoyed it so much Sue and I stayed for FOUR hours lol,......... lots of idea's and goodies to show and I still have my bar of chocolate 2 days later lol.......must unpack and use my super buys from Wendy ...... It was so good to meet you and your in-house driver...he is a star as well lol
Tilly

Twiglet said...

Well done on the fund raising Jo - that is brilliant. Youir little Easter baskets are so pretty and I bet you had a fab day. x Jo

Cardarian said...

What a lovely collection of Easter ideas! I am glad you had a good time, I hope we can have a chat soon!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous Easter projects - a riot of colour!
Alison x

Kyla said...

What a fabulous fund raising idea, so bright and cheerful.

Kyla

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic creations for easter ! pretty green plants in your garden!

spring feeling!
xxx Susi

fairy thoughts said...

So glad the day went well and look at all those lovely goodies... trying not to think about Chocolate ... still 2 weeks to go until the end of lent
janet