Saturday 10 July 2010

Tortillas and Cockeyed Cake


Finally finished my recipe swap pages for KCUK. Every recipe I chose was too much to get on a 6 x 4inch page so I solved the first by putting the recipe in a pocket. The other I found a font which printed as small as possible. Then I couldn't find stamps relating to any of my chosen recipes. I had a lovely lemon recipe but couldn't find my citrus range of stamps. Eeeek! After all the problems, including finding time to make them, this is what I came up with and so you can share two of my well used favourite recipes.
Lacking suitable stamps I had to just give the feel of Mexico and coloured the background in bright striped colours, like ponchos. The words relate to the heat of the chillies and the passion of the country!
The Cockeyed cake is great fun to make, especially with children, as it is like making mud pies. It's quite amazing that it turns out to be a yummy chocky cake! I meant to add in the recipe that chips of chocolate and/or chopped nuts can be added to the mud mix. 
If you try out either recipe I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Dotpat said...

You have been busy Jo, you should of said I could of lent you a Mexican stamp

Julia Dunnit said...

Great idea for too long recipes! Looks very mexican to me indeed. Thanks again for the ATG info - useless aren't I? Am gonna do it today!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Jo, ooh great recipes and I love the sentiment on the chocolate cake one hehe. BTW is that bicarb of soda?
Hope all is well with you :-)
Anne xx