Friday 1 January 2010

Easel Card

This easel card is such a simple but effective fold. I made it from one of the backgrounds Caz and I made when we had craft playtime on our French Riviera holiday. My friend Leo recently kindly sent me a lovely card with this fold for a RAK, which reminded me that I haven't made easel cards for ages. Thanks Leo!
This background was squiggled with light coloured wax crayons then rubbed all over with conte crayons and spritzed with water so the conte colours spread and blended. Pure messy time with limited resources. When dry it was stamped over, with black Versafine ink, with a swirly image.

5 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

This made me giggle cos I've been making some of these, too :) Never done them before, though...

JoZart Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neet said...

Lovely card Jo - and I saw it in the flesh so to speak.

Tinkertaylor said...

Beautiful card I didn't know these were called easel cards

Robin said...

I love these easel cards and want to give them a try! Thanks for the inspiration.