Saturday 9 January 2010

Black & White







The card is for a Black and White challenge and the bookmark for an Asian mingle, each for a different one of my groups. For the card I stamped 2 of the images, one  embossed black on white card and one embossed with opaque white on black card. I then sliced them to fit together. I find it easier to cut the black one, match it up with the white one, then draw a fine pencil line to mark the cutting line.
I haven't tried this technique for ages.


My crafting time was axed today as we ventured out to get fresh food supplies and it was quite an adventure with cars and people sliding where they shouldn't have gone. We are now stocked up but it was scary in the supermarket to see so many empty shelves with people panic buying and with the stores not getting their normal deliveries.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW!!!! Awesome card!!!!!!!

Tinkertaylor said...

Both are beautiful but I love the bookmark. I haven't tried the technique of splicing so I've put it on my to try list thanks

Dotpat said...

Love them Jo, always look classy don't they

Annelies said...

I love them, but especially the bookmark! It's so sophisticated. I find it hard to work in black and white, but you did a great job! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

lisa said...

These are both gorgeous. What a lovely image. I agree that it's good to try something different now and again, keeps the old brain ticking over!!!!
The splice look is great, I shall have to give that a go.
We braved the shops today too, I haven't wanted to go out in the car in the snow so waited until my DH could take me. The shelves in the shops were amazingly bare!!
Still like you, we are now stocked up for another week.
Stay Warm.

Lisax

Cath Wilson said...

Great cards, Jo - and it's nice to see something outside your comfort zone :) I love black and white - so striking :)

Evelyn S. said...

That bookmark is a prize! Fabulous!